Saturday, January 14, 2012

Eat Right Is Simple. Rule #2 Is The Hard One

Trust me, I look way better than this now. Cheryl snapped it three+ months ago. Today, twelve pounds fewer, one pant size less. Almost two pant sizes. Tomorrow Cheryl will take me shopping and play Ken Doll with me, which is the kind of shopping trip both of us enjoy.

When I started this journey my waist size was 60 inches. Tomorrow we are going to look for size 34. Yep, that's what I said. but you need to know that it's all rule #2, the hard one. You can lose weight with rule #1 - Eat Right - but you have to exercise if you want to lose the fat and the inches AND still look good. Simple does not mean easy. Au contraire. This is work. And many days I am not "in the mood" to work that hard, but I do it. In the picture to the left, I am pushing about 7 mph on my AFG trainer - usually 20 to 30 minutes, four or five times a week.

Today Cheryl and I are pleased to announce that AFG has agreed to sponsor our page. We are even more excited for you to have the opportunity to use the same equipment that BOTH of us use. Check them out. And until your unit arrives, start walking - that's what I did.

Discover the difference the right exercise equipment can make. Get Free Shipping and inside delivery on ellipticals, treadmills and exercise bikes from AFG, a $150 value.CoolTan  ShirtsCoolTan Tan Through Clothing and Swimwear

PS: We are still sifting through the several hundred photos we took since the first of the year, including the ones from her birthday night-out yesterday. We promise to post a couple of them so you can see WHY we use the AFG equipment - we really like the way the other one looks. Be sure to eat good while eating right.
Save 10% with code: SAVE10 at Stock Yards



Check the daily deals at

2 comments:

FastJack said...

Very cool that they will sponsor your page! I have a Gold's Gym elliptical and a Total Gym. For me the eating right (or eating at the right times) is harder. Then there's that water thing....yes, it really makes a difference. I find it's a matter of making new habits.

Doc said...

Thanks, FastJack for the comment. It's easy if you don't make it hard. For the first 3 or 4 months, I didn't count calories. Phase 1: just eat regular, sensible size meals. You decide what is sensible. Phase 2: Evaluate progress - this is done by getting on the scales. Try that and tell me when you are ready for phase 3.