Sunday, January 22, 2012

Doc's Rules for Losing Weight (BOOKMARK THIS ONE)

How I Lost 157 Pounds in 15 Months
Be sure to bookmark this page, and then share it. There are links on this page to make that easy to do, and you probably have some other tools for sharing even more places than I know about. Do only two things right NOW!



Bookmark this page.
Share this page.


If you have time, click some of the links, or read the rules and send me an email to ask how it works, or better yet, leave a comment here to tell me and everyone else what you learned about why the rule works or didn't work; better yet, just tell me you don't have time to read today because you just bought a JourneyGym like Doc and Cheryl are using, or you did something else even cooler and you want the world to know that Doc really means what he says when he says, Trust Me On The Sunscreen.

1. Eat Right
2. Exercise 
3. Get plenty of Rest
4. GPS Basics - know where you are FIRST - take measuresments; of something.
5. GPS Advanced - now set a goal for WHERE to go
6. Work it out
7. Get some down time
10. Find a friend. Look nearby.
14. Words With Friends - Network with anyone, every day
320. YOU CAN DO IT - beyond your wildest dreams.

GTD - Get things done
GTG - Got to go, or sometimes, Good to Great
TTFN - ta ta for now, or sometimes, BYE or BFN, often used with the first two
TLOML - Cheryl, the love of my life
MLM - My loving mother, Ruth DeVore
Journey - sometimes refers to our first post of the year, sometimes refers to the Journey Gym.

This page will most likely always be under construction. But that's okay, because you have it bookmarked and you can come back later to grab anything add to the list. This URL will be the ONLY page you need to bookmark. When you want the next tip on how to lose one more pound, or gain that pound back, or build muscle mass, or get six pack abs, or get ripped. I promise. Just like I keep saying, Trust Me on The Sun Screen. Wear it.

Now the legal stuff. I am not a doctor. I am not a certified trainer. I am not a professional body builder. I m in better shape and I do know a lot of stuff that those experts told me, but I don't have a paper that says so, and they haven't told me everything they know yet.  Or as Uncle Buck said:  "You should always consult a professional, like your doctor, before you begin any weight loss program, and you should ask an expert before you try some of the foods and exercise that Cheryl and Doc use." In other words, this blog contains my opinion on what might work and is for folks who are serious about changing their life. It should not be construed as anything more than what I found on my journey, and how I learned to use it. So you have now been warned:  Do attempt the journey on your own without consulting a professional or gaining parental approval. And by the way, there is some other legal stuff on this page about who owns the trademarks and photos and copyright stuff. Most of what I have is not original, but the way I package it up IS, so be sure to read ALL of my rules.

Now that we have that out of the way, Trust Me - you can START NOW by obeying rule #1.







Or as Granddad used to say, "do what I mean, not what I say!"







NO SWEAT WORKOUT - 5 MIN. from journey gym on Vimeo.








2 comments:

fdevore said...

Why is mom called TLOML??

Doc said...

It's because she is The Love Of My Life