Sunday, April 14, 2013

Are You Guessing At Portion Sizes?

The scales on my kitchen counter even has measuring cup.
It is true that you don't have to count calories to lose weight. Eating Right - Rule #1 - can be done by being sensible in your food choices and eating regular meals through the day. For the first few months of my journey, I did not count calories, but tried to guess and reasonable portion sizes. Then about two years ago I discovered MyFitnessPal allowed me to not only look up nutrition information  but to also record it. I also learned that my guessing had been generous about portions sizes.  That was not that important early in this new lifestyle because I had some much weight to lose. As I lost more weight, losing even more became harder; I needed to be more accurate.

If you are like most people, you have difficult time understanding why they are not losing weight even though you are sure you are "only eating X calories". You might think you are counting accurately, and then the truth comes out. You are guessing at portion sizes, you are not weighing things, you are referencing generic brands, etc. Unfortunately, we often see what we want to believe, so you must assume that every estimation you make will be too low, even if you try to overestimate. The only fix for this is to be as precise as possible.

Please click over to www.theweightlossdietshop.com/Article/120438/the-science-of-calorie-counting and read the whole article.

You may also like the web site of the author, Darcy MacDonald.
http://www.fitnessfactreview.com/


No comments: