Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Do Not Avoid The Butterfly Effect - JUST DO IT!

Butterfly House, St. Louis
(Photo by Doc DeVore)
It's easy to keep doing the familiar every day. Admittedly, it does help maintain a certain level of sanity. If you are doing good things, then doing the familiar is, well, good. Unfortunately, maintaining a routine can also be unhealthy. When I was a fat 367 pounds, I had all kinds of reasons to stick to my routine. Truth be told, all I had was a large list of routine excuses. And fear of failure. Not that I said that out loud of course. Instead I could, and did, blame my schedule. Arrive at the office early. Get home late. Travel also took a lot of time; in the two years before I started my "eat right and exercise" transformation I visited 62 different cities on 79 trips covering more than 123,000 miles. During 2008 to 2010 I spent 248 nights in a hotel room. Flight attendants and airport gate agents and parking attendants would say, "welcome back." If I had known about the Journey Gym in those days it would not have made a difference.

Fortunately and finally I decided that I no longer wanted to be the guy that had to have a seat belt extender on the airplane. Today I am proud to say that I not only don't need the extra length, I don't even mind sitting in the middle seat. Because I have room to spare on both sides. All because I decided to take some small steps. Eat breakfast, lunch and a sensible dinner EVERY day. Go for a walk every night. It is that simple. But it does require action - the action of developing a "do habit." That's what Ciara Conlan calls it in her blog titled Avoiding The Butterfly Effect, The Supersaurus and Procrastination. I hope you enjoy her article as much as I did.

Ciara Conlon is a Personal Productivity Coach and author. Her mission is to help people achieve their best through working efficiently and being positive and present. “Through Productivity and Positivity I believe there is little we can’t achieve” go to Productivity & Positivity and get Free eBook called Clear the Clutter; Find Your Life

Be sure to get some breakfast, and take a Clif Bar with you.




Eat Right. Exercise. Get Plenty of Rest.

No comments: