Thursday, February 16, 2012

What is the Method to Your Madness Altucher Confidential

Charlie by Schulz (not me)
James Altucher has captured the spirit of the questions asked by most people who want to know how I lost all that weight.  "What book did you read?" "What diet did you go on?" "What program did you follow?" My answer was always the same - I did not go on a diet. The Bible is about the only Book I read regularly. The only program I know is what my wife told me - how about eating right and start doing some daily exercise? Well, most people want what they want without having to work for it, at least not work (Rule #6) very hard. In his blog at What is the Method to Your Madness Altucher Confidential, James writes:
Everyone wants a method or 12 step path to success. The “method” is a path that takes us from the place we are now (where, presumably, we’ve associated suffering with this place) to a new place, a magical place, with presumably no suffering.
Say, if you have some old photos or scrapbooks from times when we might have been together in the same place at the same time, please send them to me privately by clicking this email link for photos@blogs.docdevore.com. Please! With sugar on it?. Trust me - they won't end up here unless you give me permission.


Be sure to get some breakfast, and take Clif Bar with you.

The Disclaimers, Shameless and Legal Stuff

I am not a doctor. I am not a certified trainer. I am not a professional body builder. I m in better shape and I do know a lot of stuff that those experts told me, but I don't have a paper that says so, and they haven't told me everything they know yet. Or as Uncle Buck said: "You should always consult a professional, like your doctor, before you begin any weight loss program, and you should ask an expert before you try some of the foods and exercise that Cheryl and Doc use." In other words, this blog contains my opinion on what might work and is for folks who are serious about changing their life. It should not be construed as anything more than what I found on my journey, and how I learned to use it. So you have now been warned: Do attempt the journey on your own without consulting a professional or gaining parental approval. And by the way, there is some other legal stuff on this page about who owns the trademarks and photos and copyright stuff. Most of what I have is not original, but the way I package it up IS, so be sure to read ALL of my rules. Here they are: All postings on my blogs are the opinions or thoughts by Floyd V. Doc DeVore and are protected by a Creative Commons license; all photos are the exclusive copyrighted property of Doc and any reuse, posting or alteration must be approved or licensed in a manner consistent with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at plus.google.com/108251433034379163350/aboutt. In other words, if you want to use, just ask me.

Eat Right. Exercise. Get Plenty of Rest. All of my rules are found at Jan. 22, 2012.

No comments: