Sunday, February 05, 2012

Me, the week before he decided to do something about losing weight

Recently a friend, and former co-worker, sent me this photo. She had heard that I was looking for any picture or artifact that could tell the story of going from fat to fit. Or, any of the other thousand stories that we all have to tell. Thanks to Julie you can see what I looked like the week before deciding to finally do something. We were in the LA area for a convention and took our only free afternoon to walk both sides of Hollywood Boulevard. I took her picture; she took mine. The next week I asked Cheryl to help me lose weight by at least eating better. Starting with a sensible breakfast, packing a lunch, and laying off the chips and other snacks at night. That's all it takes to lose weight. Obey rule #1. But to get fit you also have to act on rule #2 - exercise. Let's tell that story another day.
OH, and if you have some old photos or scrapbooks from times when we might have been together in the same place at the same time, please send them to me privately by clicking this email link for photos@blogs.docdevore.com.  Please! With sugar on it?. Trust me - they won't end up here unless you give me permission.
Because you have your fun assignments for the week, I am going dance some swing around the pool listening to some great steel guitar and thinking about all those great memories we have shared. (Send that email.)



Be sure to get some breakfast, and take Clif Bar with you.
The Disclaimers, Shameless and Legal Stuff


You may also want to get useful tips on losing weight and exercising at my blog at MyFitnessPal (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/docdevore) or Daily Stories about how to lose weight by only learning two rules - eat right and exercise - then visit Doc's blog over at docdevore.blogspot.com. CYA! (wear sunscreen :)

Okay, the legal stuff. Listen up.
I am not a doctor. I am not a certified trainer. I am not a professional body builder. I m in better shape and I do know a lot of stuff that those experts told me, but I don't have a paper that says so, and they haven't told me everything they know yet. Or as Uncle Buck said: "You should always consult a professional, like your doctor, before you begin any weight loss program, and you should ask an expert before you try some of the foods and exercise that Cheryl and Doc use." In other words, this blog contains my opinion on what might work and is for folks who are serious about changing their life. It should not be construed as anything more than what I found on my journey, and how I learned to use it. So you have now been warned: Do attempt the journey on your own without consulting a professional or gaining parental approval. And by the way, there is some other legal stuff on this page about who owns the trademarks and photos and copyright stuff. Most of what I have is not original, but the way I package it up IS, so be sure to read ALL of my rules. Here they are: All postings on my blogs are the opinions or thoughts by Floyd V. Doc DeVore and are protected by a Creative Commons license; all photos are the exclusive copyrighted property of Doc and any reuse, posting or alteration must be approved or licensed in a manner consistent with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at plus.google.com/108251433034379163350/aboutt. In other words, if you want to use, just ask me.

(wear sunscreen :

2 comments:

DeVo said...

Thanks for sharing your journey! Truly inspirational!

Doc said...

Thanks, DeVo. To be honest, sharing my thoughts helps keep me accountable to doing something every day that keeps me headed toward the next goal.