Sunday, July 08, 2012

Close Friends Can Now Track Your Fitness Successes (And Failures) On Path, With A Daily Sparkline From Nike+ Fuelband | TechCrunch

One of the blogs I follow, TechCrunch, has this article about tracking your workouts and sharing with friends using a web based offering from Nike - Sparkline. As I read it I thought of a conversation with a good friend, Anne Milford. A few months ago we were talking about my blog and she commented that one reason I should share my journey is to hold myself accountable to you. Especially to those of you that remember me when I was really overweight. I want you to know that the journey to a new me has not only been successful, it is still fun. This photo of me was snapped earlier today as I came out of the ocean; a moment later my sweetheart, Cheryl, said a very nice thing, "you look great." Yep, the journey has been worth it.

However, the journey is still underway. And it still requires being faithful to daily fitness goals. Each day requires a decision to STAY fit. 2240 calories. At least 5 days a week with 20 minutes or more of cardio. Regular strength training. Those are my goals, and I share the daily journey with any friend of mine on MyFitnessPal. I am thankful for GTOFreak and TAMiller and others for their regular words of encouragement.

Will I use Sparkline from Nike+? Probably not. I like social media, but that's just a little too social for me. But maybe it will be the tool that will keep YOU on track. For now I am going to stick with the tools I have mentioned before. Just click here.

Close Friends Can Now Track Your Fitness Successes (And Failures) On Path, With A Daily Sparkline From Nike+ Fuelband | TechCrunch

Be sure to get some breakfast, and take Clif Bar with you.


Eat Right. Exercise. Get Plenty of Rest.

No comments: