Wednesday, December 19, 2012

One Reason You Are Not Losing Weight

Cheryl and I have this conversation regularly. She wants to lose some more weight. She will tell you that she is not exercising enough. Maybe so, but she is also not eating enough. If Cheryl would eat about 2,000 calories a day she could lose weight. Most days she eats quite a bit less.

A few days ago I mentioned that I am having difficulty losing that last five or six pounds. I wrote that my "calculations had produced a surprise. I am not eating enough each day." To test it out, I did slightly increase my daily calorie allowance and I added more snacks to my eating pattern. Guess what? I lost a pound this week.

In her post of 25 reasons why you are not losing weight, Lizzie Fuhr adds this note to slide 23:

You Don't Eat Enough

Don't starve yourself to save calories for later. It'll not only mess up your metabolism, and by dinnertime, that famished feeling will likely cause you to eat more than you would if you weren't starving. Not only is starving yourself not sustainable for continued weight loss, but also, limiting yourself to too-small portions can lead to excess snacking between mealtimes.
http://www.fitsugar.com/Reasons-You-Losing-Weight-24882317?slide=22&_nz=68

No comments: