Saturday, December 08, 2012

Fast or Slow, A Mile is a Mile

While browsing some Health & Fitness posts on Pinterest, the title in this image caught my eye. The first commandment inspired this post.

Two years and 160+ pounds ago I returned to eating right and walking regularly. At first a 1/4 mile. With a resting break. Seriously, a break at 1/8th of a mile because I was winded. Soon it was non-stop 1/4 mile, then half a mile, then a mile, and then two. About a year ago I decided to start adding some jogging. In the last year I have participate in two 5K  runs. This month I have moved up to mostly running.  My point is not intended to be braggadocious. My point is that it works and it doesn't matter that I am not the fastest. As another popular saying goes, no matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch.

You might also enjoy Betty's post. Just because you don't look like the typical runner, you still have the right to be out there doing it at your pace. So what if your running looks like everyone else's walking. Big deal. What other people think of you is not important. If you run, you are a runner.

No comments: