Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rule #10: Find A Friend To Teach You

Doc & Steve (Feb 2012)
Proverbs 27:10 has always stuck with me. "Do not forsake your friend and the friend of your father, and do not go to your brother's house when disaster strikes you--better a neighbor nearby than a brother far away."

Years ago Steven Kistler was my workout buddy. Well, should I say, he would talk me into going to the Evanston Rec Center while HE worked out.  Because  I liked him, I would go. Once in a while. But then I moved east and he moved further west. He stayed active and watched what he ate. I did not stay active and did not care what I ate. I had other excuses, but never did I blame Steve.

If you don't have a friend like Steven, or like the neighbor nearby that we will talk about tomorrow, then call me. Seriously. Someone you know has my number or knows someone that does. By the way, anything you want to talk about is fine, even those thoughts that you would rather not share publicly, but only need someone to listen. I would LOVE to listen to how YOU want to LIVE LIFE. Seriously!! Send me an email.

No comments: