Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Love the New Life

This twilight photo of our Queen Palms in the front yard was captured about an hour before sunset, December 31, 2011. It was almost the last photo I took last year. Haven't added them up, but somewhere around 30,000 digital snaps. No, you are not allowed to see all of them (many were deleted; every good photographer only gets a good shot once out of a 100, he said with a grin). Besides, you really wouldn't be interested in most of them, which, after all, are mainly for family, or because I wanted to remember a particular moment.

In this case, both converged - a moment to remember, and a moment to share. The draft of yesterday's post was already undergoing revisions in my mental word processor while waiting for Cheryl and the boys to join me in the car for a quick trip to the beach on the last day of what turned out to be a wonderful year. Wonderful does not carry enough power to describe how my sweetheart and I have been blessed during the twists and turns that every life takes.The twelve months called 2011 were at times strange and surprising, alternating with peachy and groovy, to be surpassed by awe-inspiring moments in time along with some incredible challenges (understatement). Of one thing we were and remain sure - God is faithful. 


(FWIW, this is the first in another series for this year around the theme of Baz Lurhmann)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’12
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be
it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by
scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
than my own meandering
experience…I will dispense this advice.....  
(stay tuned). Oh, yes, I will return to the "New Life with Less Weight" theme. Hopefully you noticed the words 'occasional' and 'ramble' in the title of this blog.  :->

Posted by Picasa

No comments: